Musician’s Friend, which was first launched in 1983, is a one-stop location for purchasing high quality musical gear. It was one of the first companies to produce a catalog that featured music gear, and it was the first to specialize in gear for rock bands. The company has a distribution center in Kansas City and two call centers in Indianapolis and Salt Lake City. It also sells products online at MusiciansFriend.com.
Musician’s Friend has a simple slogan that sums up its way of doing business, and it is “Musician’s Friend: Your passion. Our commitment. Helping musicians for over 30 years.” The company is committed to helping its customers find great gear so that they can pursue their music dreams.
This explains why the company is one of the top music gear retailers in the world. The following reasons discuss what makes this company a good choice for when you’re looking for top notch music gear.
A Huge Selection of Music Gear
Musician’s Friend has the reputation of having the largest selection of music gear in the world. It has 85,000 products in stock. It sells things such as guitars, amps, drums, keyboards, live sound recording, DJ lighting, band instruments, books, sheet music, cable finders, case finders and other music accessories.
Choose from brands such as Fender, Line 6, DV Mark, Acoustic, Roland, Jackson, Ibanez, Sterling by Music Man, EVH, Yamaha, Gibson, PRS Guitars, Gretsch, Taylor, Epiphone, Fretlight Guitar, Fishman, Cordoba, Deering, Blackstar Amplication, Dunlop, Hartke, Hercules Stands and Elixir. These are all very well known brands in the world of music.
Deals Deals and More Deals
When you first arrive on MusiciansFriend.com, you can’t help but see all of the wonderful scrolling featured deals that are on the website. This includes a listing of staff picks, free gifts, current sales and upcoming monthly sales. There are also sections on the website that show existing sweepstakes, new products and even a “Stupid Deal of the Day” that is sent out via a Twitter tweet on a daily basis. These are all ways to save on the wonderful products that are offered on MusiciansFriend.com. Looking for deals on guitar training lessons instead? Check out Jamplay.com and also GuitarTricks.com for awesome lessons and at great prices.
Free Gifts with Purchases
MusiciansFriend.com is filled with tons of coupons, deals and steals. Many of these items are not only reduced in price, but you can also receive free gifts when certain items are purchased. For instance, get a free gig bag with the purchase of eligible Seagull guitars that cost at least $399. Or get a free Komplete 10 Update when you purchase a Kontrol S Keyboard. Or you could even get a free set of EXP coated strings when you purchase a PW-CT-10 tuner. But understand that these are just examples of current free gifts and that the selection and availability changes on a daily basis.
Lowest Price Commitment
As a musician with passionate goals, you are probably searching all over to find your favorite drum set, guitar, amp or even a flute. Not only do you want quality made gear that sounds and looks great, but you also want to get it for an affordable price as well. In addition, you don’t want to make a purchase at one store and find it for a much cheaper price at another store.
This is why MusiciansFriend.com will match any price from any authorized United States dealer. This means that if some other store sells the product for a much cheaper price, and that store has the right to sell that product, then you have 45 days from the date that you purchased the product to get the same cheap price from MusiciansFriend.com. All you have to do is call the customer service department and get a price reduction.
Ways to Pay
MusiciansFriend.com has numerous ways to pay for its gear:
- Credit/Debit Cards- Pay via MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, JCB (Japan Credit Bureau), Union Pay International and PayPal.
- Musician’s Friend Gift Certificates- These can be purchased on the website in denominations of $10 to $5000.
- The Musician’s Friend Platinum Credit Card– This card is issued by Capital One, N.A. Customers can take advantage of special financing. Get the musical gear that you need and want today, but pay for it later with this convenient payment option. Choose either the 12 or 18 month plan. If the full balance is paid within the designated payment duration, you will not be charged interest for your purchases. However, if you fail to pay the balance within this duration, expect to be charged an APR or 22.9 percent. Also, please note that the Penalty APR on this card is 26.9%.
The MusiciansFriend.com 45-Day, No Hassle Return Policy
MusiciansFriend.com has a pretty extensive return policy. Basically, you have 45 days to return a product, no matter what the reason may be. Once it has been returned and deemed to be in good condition, you will receive a refund, minus the cost of shipping and handling. However, please see the following “fine print” and exceptions to this policy:
- No returns on clearance or discounted items
- No returns on vintage products
- There are certain products such as reeds, ear buds, polishing cloths, body jewelry, computers, and sheet music that can only be returned if it was unopened or defective.
- Some products require a restocking fee when returned.
- Some products require a sanitization fee when returned.
- Any string instrument that costs at least $1,999 has to be returned in 10 days instead of 45 days.
- All Apple products are returned to Apple and not Musician’s Friend.
Musician’s Friend Private Reserve
This is an exclusive collection of instruments that are considered to be some of the best on the planet. Choose from the best electric, acoustic and bass guitars in the world. The collection also includes traditional and folk instruments such as banjos and mandolins.
There are limited editions of instruments and premium models that cannot be purchased at other music retailers. For instance, MusiciansFriend.com offers the limited edition of the Alvarez Grateful Dead Guitars. How cool is that? This is indeed a crème de la crème collection of instruments that is available for anyone who wants the best fit, finish, look, sound or quality when it comes to their instruments.
MusiciansFriend.com Customer Service
The members of the MusiciansFriend.com customer service team are affectionately called “Gear Heads.” This is because they are very knowledgeable when it comes to music gear. You can reach them via mail, email, phone or chat.
The website does not have 24/7 customer service hours, but it has a pretty extensive list of Frequently Asked Questions that you might not find on other music retailer websites. Sure, you can find information on common topics such as privacy rights, returns, shipping and contact information. But the site also provides written answers for questions such as the following:
- What is a Baritone Guitar?
- How do I take care of my tube amp?
- Do your electronic items work in all countries?
- Which Pick to Pick?
- In what order should I run my guitar effects?
- How do I get rid of annoying fret buzz?
- Do I need a Bass Amp?
- How do I assemble the rim mount toms on my Pulse kit?
These are all questions that customers may need answered after regular business hours, but MusiciansFriend.com has answered these non-traditional questions and made the answers available. This can be very helpful when you’re rocking out in the middle of the night and need a solution for your problem.
All in all, you will find that MusiciansFriend.com is a very reputable music retailer that strives to ensure customer satisfaction. It has a huge selection of instruments, and it offers some of the best services in the industry. These are some of the reasons why it continues to be a leader in the music business.
Lastly, another awesome site that runs great coupons on guitar equipment is GuitarCenter.com.
Find Musician’s Friend on Social Media